- User Centered Web Design
Gestalt - Principles of Perception, Fitts, Hicks, Ockham, Recognition vs Recall, Affordance, Framing, Human Interface Principles and other related information
- The importance of Color and Fonts
- Schemes and Labeling
- Information Architecture info here
- Testing -and Focus Group info here
Student create their own individual web site but work in groups to give and received feedback on their web design and content. Each group creates a form which contains user centered criteria for testing. They then use the form to test the individual work from another group. Once the testing is completed each student writes a report based on the results of the testing of their own site and any changes they may have made.
- Dreamweaver is introduced - students then can choose whether or not to use Dreamweaver or coding to create their site, most choose coding.
- Information Architechture
- Paper based on testing report
- Final Presentation
Example of interesting footer only site is incomplete